SputnikNet and Sputnik Agent Firmware 184.108.40.206
SputnikNet version 220.127.116.11 new features and enhancements include:
- Enhanced user bandwidth shaping: you can specify a bandwidth cap (maximum) that is applied to all users on the network, preventing bandwidth hogs. Please note: this feature requires the use of Sputnik Agent firmware version 18.104.22.168.1.
- Performance improvements: generally faster captive portal load times.
- Update to PayPal Authentication System that prevents users from creating invalid PayPal passwords.
Sputnik Agent Firmware version 22.214.171.124.1 new features and enhancements include:
- Support for enhanced user bandwidth shaping in SputnikNet (see above).
- Support for new hardware, including:
- Buffalo WHR-G125 (standard and enhanced)
- Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
- Cisco e2000
- Cisco e3000
- D-Link DIR-615 WIRELESS N 300 ROUTER
- Deliberant AP 2i*
- Deliberant CPE 2*
- EnGenius EAP-3660*
- EnGenius ECB3500*
- EnGenius EOC1650*
- EnGenius EOC-2610*
- Linksys WRT160N
- Linksys WRT320N
- Linksys WRT54G (Serial numbers CDF0-CDFA)
- Linksys WRT54GS (Serial numbers CGN0-CGN5, CGN6*)
- Linksys WRT54GL
- Linksys WRT610N
- Netgear WGR614L
- Netgear WNDR3300
- Netgear WNR3500L
- Netgear WRG614L
- Sputnik 700
- Sputnik 720
- Sputnik 730
- Ubiquiti Bullet 2HP*
- Ubiquiti Bullet M2HP*
- Ubiquiti NanoStation 2*
- Ubiquiti NanoStation M2*
- Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2*
- Ubiquiti PicoStation 2HP*
- Ubiquiti PicoStation M2HP*
- Ubiquiti PowerStation 2*
- Improved provisioning: Sputnik Agent launch is delayed until WAN interface is available.
While Sputnik Agent Firmware version 126.96.36.199 is not required for SputnikNet 188.8.131.52, we recommend that customers upgrade their routers to the latest firmware.
For customers running Sputnik Control Center:
To upgrade to Sputnik Control Center 184.108.40.206, first upgrade to 220.127.116.11 as described in the 18.104.22.168 change log; then follow these upgrade instructions.
Important: if you are running Sputnik Control Center on White Box Enterprise Linux (WBEL), we strongly recommend that you upgrade to CentOS 4.7 before installing this release.